1/24/2010

Open letter to the Sarawak Health Department director

Dear Sir,


I was going to Kota Sentosa Klinik just now. The work rate is very low. My daughter number is 151 at that time the patient served was 141.

One hour passed by, her number was not called but instead was skipped. My wife asked the dresser assistant, and was told they will have to search for her card.

Given the ratio, the time required to serve each patient is not less than 20 minutes.

This is absurd because once inside the Medical assistant normally will only be asking for one problem, check the temperature and write prescription.

In worst case scenario, the dresser perhaps, would do some other light inspection. serious cases are normally referred to Medical Officer.

When my wife peek, she saw someone was reading Berita Harian online. Its good they read, but wrong time. No wonder it took so long waiting for the MA.

At that time, I was with my son, waiting for MO. The wait was well within the one hour pledge. Upon entering the MO room he was dialing for his friend via the office phone.

My son sat there, waiting probably five minutes, if not slightly longer. He continue chatting and was asking what is our problem in between.

The MO continued chatting with his friend as if I was not in existence, or some kind of idiot. He chatted about personal things, about plantation etc.

My two cents question is, who will be paying for the bills? I do not mind if he was making some other important calls.

I know that all of us are human, but please remember that you are government servant. No matter how high your position are, you are still ultimately a SERVANT.

Please do not behave as if we owe you a living, you are paid using our taxes money. It is not your money being used to buy the medicine and stop acting as if we are coming to your clinic, its the government clinic.

I was told they are purposely working very slowly now so that people would shun the clinic, and go elsewhere unable to wait for the poor service.

Given the attitude shown just now, there is some truth about the rumour. Imagine two rooms of MA took a patient with fever one hour to enter the room. Meaning to open the MA mouth asking first question took five minutes, lift the pen to write prescription five minutes, open the door for the patient to go out five minutes and to press the next number five minutes.

Another serious flaw is the numbering. As I said earlier, I could not imagine how my daughter card could go missing and she missed being call.

The Minister must be made to look into this because I strongly believe it had become a trend. To say they are lowly paid, they have very good income.

If the Minister not in the know, you have to tell them. Because next round I will tell the Minister with video from hidden camera. Hidden camera very cheap nowadays, you want proof the way they do to your former Health Minister to admit?

Last but not least, please prescribe them with necessary medicine given if they are sick.

Yours sincerely,

Abdul hakim Bujang

http://sarawakupdate.com/news/opinion/open-letter-to-the-sarawak-health-department-director

No comments:

Bidara Epal Vietnam dan Pokok Nam nam.

Bidara epal. Berbunga lebat dekat bahagian dahan yang ditut. Semoga tutnya menjadi disamping buahnya nanti pun boleh dimakan.. ana...